|Name||Shahina Mol A.K|
|Official Address||Assistant Professor in English, HAHM Unity Women’s College Manjeri, P O Narukara , Pin 676122|
|Residential Address||W/o P Mohammed Musthafa, Perincheeri House, Vellattuparamba, P O Makkaraparamba, Pin 676507|
|Date of Birth||28 Feb 1980|
|Date of Joining||30 June 2010|
|Total Teaching Experience||UG (8.4 yeras)     PG (8.4 years)|
|Subject with Specialization||English Language and Literature|
Educational and Professional Qualifications
|1||B A||English language and Literature||University of Calicut|
|2||M A||English language and Literature||University of Calicut|
|3||TTC||Trained Teachers Certificate||Board of Education . Kerala|
|4||Foundation Course on Integrated Education for Disabled Children||Education For differently Abled Children||Board of Education Kerala|
|6||PhD||English||University of Calicut|
Refresher/ Orientation courses attended
|#||Type of Programme||University/Institution||Period|
|1||Orientation Programme||University of Calicut, Kerala|
|2||Refresher||University of Calicut, Kerala|
|#||Type||Theme/ Title||Resource Person/ Participant||Organizing Institution||Period|
|1||UGC Sponsored National Seminar||Advances in Computing Communication and Application||Presented a Paper||Department of Computer Science, Sullamussalam Science College, Areacode||November 21 and 21, 2013|
|1||seminar||One day Seminar on the post modern||Participant||SS College, Areacode||15th October 2008|
|2||workshop||English language teaching: Issues and innovations.||Participant||PSMO College, Thirurangadi||6th December 2008|
|3||workshop||Workshop on common Courses in connection with restructuring under graduate courses||Participant||UGC Academic staff college, University of Calicut||1st July 2009 and 2nd July 2009|
|4||seminar||Communicative approaches to the teaching of literatures at UG level||Participant||UWC, Manjeri||13th and 14th of January 2009|
|5||seminar||Literature of the marginalized: theory, Issues and Relevance||Participant||Farook College, Calicut||24th and 25th March 2010|
|6||workshop||One day workshop on Research Methodology||Participant||Amal college of advanced studies||27th march 2010|
|7||seminar||The Politics of Representation of the self and the other in literature and film: Pedagogy Beyond the text||Participant||Farook college, Calicut||12th and 13th October 2011|
|8||workshop||NAAC Re-accreditation: Prospects and Processes||Participant||UWC, Manjeri||30th November 2011|
|9||seminar||Return of the Narrative||Participant||Thunjan memorial trust, Tirur||3rd February 2012|
|10||seminar||Post Millennial Literatures||Participant||KAHM UWC Manjeri||11,12 Nov 2013|
|11||seminar||Shakespeare Continuum||Participant||KAHM UWC Manjeri||12, 13 Aug 2014|
|12||workshop||Workshop on text, criticism and research: Concerns in higher education||Participant||Govt College Malappuram||26,27 Aug 2014|
|13||workshop||Three day workshop on Academic Writing||Participant||KAHM UWC Manjeri||19th Sept, 21, 22 Oct 2014|
|14||seminar||Popular Culture and Literature||Participant||KAHM Unity Women’s College Manjeri.||17, 18 August 2015|
|15||seminar||Women: Different Faces of Representation||Participant||Govt. College Malappuram||14, 15 Jan 2015|
|16||seminar||Human Rights for community empowerment||Participant||KAHM UWC Manjeri||24,25,26 Feb 2015|
|17||workshop||International Workshop on Trends in Literary Research.||Participant||Farook College, Calicut||10th June 2015|
|18||workshop||one day Workshop on Scholarly writing ,||Participant||Postgraduate and research department of English,||Farook College||5th April 2017|
|19||workshop||UGC sponsored one day international workshop on Poetry and Fiction||Participant||Postgraduate and Research Dept of English at Farook college,||Calicut 24 July 2017|
|20||Workshop||Transactions: essential English language Skills||Participant||DGM MES Mampad college, Mampad||2nd August 2017|
|21||two day National Seminar on organized by the PG Dept of Islamic History ,||Social Stratification and renaissance among Kerala Muslims||Participant||Govt Vollege malappuram sponsored by DCE Kerala||21 Nov 2017|
|22||English Teachers’ Workshop||Vijayapadham||Resource Person||DIET Tirur||13 Dec 2016|
|23||workshop for teachers||Teaching methodology of Literature and Literary Criticism||Participant||PSMO college Thirurangadi||on 28 Oct 2017|
|24||Seminar||the two day National Seminar on Theorising Theory,||participant||PG Dept of English at PTM Govt College Perinthalmanna and DCE Tvm||on 23 Nov 2017|
|25||MESMAC international Conference||Ecologies of the New: Matter Mind and Body||Participant||DGMMES Mampad College||11 th January 2018|
|26||national seminar||Bhashashastram: Puthuparikalpanakal, Prayanangal||Participant||Govt college Malappuram||10 Jan 2018|
|27||Participated in the UGC sponsored workshop||Cultural Studies||Participant||postgraduate and research Dept of English at Farook college||22 March 2018|
|28||Colloquium||Memory and Resistance in Narratives: Palestine and its Diaspora||Resource Person||School of International relations and Politics, M G University, Kottayam||9 Oct 2018|
|29||Seminar||Drumbeats from the sidewalk: Subaltern voices Compelling Attention||Participant||Govt College Malappuram||30, 31 Oct 2018|
Participation in College Level & University Level Academic and Co-Curricular Activities
1. Women Cell Coordinator during 2013-14,14-15 and 15-16
2. Fine arts director during 2011-12
3. Department council secretary during 2011-12 and 12-13.
4. Fine arts director during 2011-12 and 14-15.
5. Tutorship of UG 2009-12 batch
6. Tutorship of PG 2015-17 batch
7. College calendar coordinator 2014-15
8. IQAC Member 2016-17
9. College Council Secretary 2016-17
10. Member, college discipline committee.
11. Editor, College Newsletter 2016-17
12. Convener, Club activity for students.
13. Co ordinator from department of English for the UGC sponsored National Seminar or Education in Mother tongue: Scopes and significances, jointly organized by the Dept of Malayalam and dept of English at KAHM Unity women’s college Manjeri.
14. Coordinator for the First Singularities International Conference on Power (SICON’ 16) organized by the Postgraduate department of English at KAHM Unity women’s College Manjeri, held on 12, 13 and 14 of January 2016.
15. Co ordinator for the Inter collegiate Poetry Singing Contest, titled as Sing Out Loud, organized by the PG dept. of English at KAHM Unity Women’s College Manjeri, in the banner of Universe Season 5 -A poetry reading Open Floor on 29th August 2016.
16. One day Session on ‘Literary Theory’ in Connection with NET Coaching conducted by PG Dept on English, PSMO College Thirurangadi.
17. Attended as the faculty member in the English Literary Camp organized by Kala-Kerala arts and Literature Academy, Manjeri in association with department of English at Unity Women’s College, Manjeri.
18. ASAP, trainer faculty for the 21 day Residential Programme for SDEs training held on April and May 2016.
19. Served as Judge for the State Waffiyya fest .
20. Served as the external examiner for project evaluation and viva voce of VI semester BA English Programme, in different colleges during 2012-13, 13-14 and 15-16.
21. Appointed as the member of question paper setters by MES MAMPAD COLLEGE (autonomous) for UG examinations of 2014-15 and 2016-17
22. Appointed as the member of question paper scrutiny by Farook College (Autonomous), Feroke, ,2016-17 Calicut for UG and PG exams
23. Resourse Person in the UGC sponsored refresher course at UGC HRDC University of Calicut
24. Member, PG Board of Studies, University of Calicut.2016-
25. Resource person in the one day orientation for the members of Women Cell, at Ansar Arabic College (Aided), Valavannur.
26. Handled a session at one day training program for the Anganvadi teachers organized jointly by Manjeri Municipality and P G Dept. of English, Unity Women’s College, Manjeri on 17th Nov 2014.
27. Delivered a talk on Refugee literature in the UGC sponsored National Arabic seminar, on Refugee issues, organized by Sunniyya Arabic College, on 27 september 2017
28. Delivered a talk on Palestinian Literature Today as part of English Association Inauguration at Govt Arts and Science College for Women , Malappuram on September 2017
29. Delivered a talk on English and Shifting Paradigms of Culture as part of English Association Inauguration on 22 November2017at Sayyid Muhammed Ali Shihab Thangal Memorial Arts and Science College for Women Kattilangadi
30. Ms Shahina Mol A K chaired a session in the international colloquium on creative teaching and Learning in higher education , jointly organized by PG Dept of English, SS College Areacode and KSHEC Tvm on 12-14 December 2017
31. Ms Shahina Mol A K chaired a session in the international colloquium on creative teaching and Learning in higher education , jointly organized by PG Dept of English, SS College Areacode and KSHEC Tvm on 12-14 December 2017
32. Chaired a technical session in the Singularities International Conference on Beauty organized by the PG Dept of English at KAHM Unity Women’s College Manjeri in collaboration with the Singularities Trans Disciplinary biannual research Journal on 3-5 January 2018
33. Chaired a session in the National seminar on Malayali Articulations in English organized by the Dept of English at University of Calicut on 7th February 2018
34. Presented paper on E- Learning: Possibilities and Challenges in English Classroom Discourses” in connection with UGC Sponsored international seminar on English Language and Literature: Rendezvous with Technology by Vimala College, Thrissure. On 9th Jan 2014
35. Presented a paper on Authoring Vs Authority: Censorship, Trauma and Fugitivity in the Post- Dispossession Palestinian Women Writers, in the Singularities International Conference on Power, organized by the PG Dept. of English at KAHM Unity Women’s College Manjeri and supported by DCE, Thiruvananthapuram, held on 12, 13 and 14 of January 2016.
36. Ms Shahina Mol A K presented a paper on Pedagogy of Place in the international colloquium on creative teaching and Learning in higher education , jointly organized by PG Dept of English and KSHEC Tvm on 12-14 December 2017
37. Presented a paper titled Signature on Nature: Ecocritical Exploration of ‘Adaminte Makan Abu’ and ‘Pachilakkodu’ in the UGC Sponsored National Seminar On ‘Recent Trends in Literary Theory’ conducted by EMEA College of Arts and Science, Kondotty on 22nd February 2012.
38. Presented a paper titled “The Subaltern Identity and Fourth World Literature: A Comparison of Indian and Australian Pictures” in the UGC National seminar , “ New Cultural Studies : A Critical Investigation” on 14 Oct 2014 at St. Joseph’s College, Devagiri, Calicut.
39. Presented a paper titled “ Winning by Loosing: A Study of Resistance in the post colonial Indian Women Dramatists” in the UGC National seminar , Post coloniality, Globalisation, Trans Nationality in Literature on 29th Oct 2014 at Amal College of Advanced Studies , Nilambur.
40. Presented a paper titled “Women and Gender Stereotyping in Popular Media: A Reading of Recent Mainstream Malayalam Film Songs” in the UGC National Seminar Discourses and Cultural Studies organized by NSS College Manjeri on 16th Dec 2014.
41. Presented a paper on New pedagogical Paradigms : Learning in Mother tongue-Post Media Discourses in the UGC sponsored national Seminar on Education in Mother tongue: Scopes and Significances , jointly organized by the PG department of English and Department of Malayalam at KAHM Unity Women’s College Manjeri on 28th and 29th of July 2015
42. Presented a paper on “Dream, but Violence and Trauma : City of Confiscated Dreams-Palestine in Sahar Khalifeh’s Novels” in the DCE, Kerala sponsored National seminar on ‘Exploring Violence and Embracing Difference: Epistemology, Ideology and Representation’, organized by the PG department of English at PTM Govt college Perinthalmanna on 12th and 13th of November 2015.
43. Presented a paper on Shifting Dynamics of Exclusion and Inclusion in the three day national conference on Theorizing space organized by the dept of Humanities, Indian Institute of Space Science and technology Tvm, on 14-16 Dec 2017
44. A paper on ‘Careers in Education’ in the Regional Seminar on “Career Paths for English Majors” organized by Dept of English at Unity Women’s college, Manjeri on 21st December 2011.
45. Presented a session in the one day training Programme for the Anganwadi Teachers on 17 Nov 2014.
Research Experience: Thesis Details
|Title||Location as Character: Fugitivity Voices in the Selected Middle East Women writings( doing)|
Research Experience: Projects Details
|Type||Major / Minor -Minor|
|Title||Global Environmental Education through Literature: Eco critical Exploration and Green Poetics of selected Cultural Productions”|
|Order No||MRP (H)-350/12-13KLCA 045/ UGC SWRO KLCA 045 29 march 2013|
List of Papers Published
|#||Name of the Paper||Name of Journal||ISSN / ISBN||Issue, Year, Page|
|1||A paper on “Global Environmental Education through Literature-Ecocritical Exploration of selected cultural productions”||ENVISIONINGS-fresh domains higher Education’ by UGC Academic staff College, University of Calicut||ISSN 2277-1336||Vol 1 Issue 2 June 2012 Pp 85-95|
|2||E- learning: Possibilities and Challenges in English Classroom Discourses”||Vimala International Research Journal for Humanities and Social Sciences||ISSN 2348-4837||Vol: 1 Issue: 2 June 2014 Pp 103-107|
|3||Reconstructing Identities in Fourth World Literature: Emerging Forms of Resistance in G Kalyana Rao’s Untouchable Spring”||Singularities, a trans disciplinary bi annual research journal||ISSN 2348-3369||Vol II, Issue 1. 2015 Pp 81-85|
|4||(In) Appropriate Femininity and Popular Media: Reading the Performative Identities in Recent Malayalam Film Songs||Singularities, A Trans Disciplinary Biannual Research Journal||ISSN 2348-3369||Vol. II Issue 2. Pp 58-61 2015|
|5||Authoring Vs Authority: Censorship, Trauma and Fugitivity in the Post- Dispossession Palestinian women Writers||Sigularities: A trans- disciplinary Biannual Research Journal||ISSN 2348-3369.||July 2016 Vol III Issue 2 2016 Pp 113-116|
List of Seminar Proceeding Published
|#||Name of the Paper||Name of Journal||ISSN / ISBN||Issue, Year, Page|
|1||An abstract on “The Song of Herself: Post Colonial women voices- Mahasweta Devi and Ama Ata Aidoo” has been published by TBAK College for Women in connection with three day international conference on||English literary studies: Current Trends and Concurrent Challenges.||Book of Abstracts||Sep 2012 Pp 63|
|2||An abstract on “E- learning: Possibilities and Challenges in English Classroom Discourses” in connection with UGC Sponsored international seminar on English Language and Literature: rendezvous with technology by Vimala College, Thrissure||Book of Abstracts||2013|
|3||Published An Abstract on Authoring Vs Authority: Censorship, Trauma and Fugitivity in the Post- Dispossession Palestinian women Writers, in the Book of Abstracts published in connection with, Singularities International Conference on Power ( SICON 2016) in January 2016.||Book of Abstracts||2016|
Books / Chapter Publication Details
|#||Book / Chapter Name||Publisher Name||ISSN / ISBN||Year|
|1||Chapter: Existence as Expression; Expression as Existence: Reading Fugitivity in/and Literature||Centre for Advanced Studies and Research in English||978-81-926652-3-8||2018|