Department of Statistics
The Department of Statistics was started in 2014-15, as a subsidiary of B.Sc. Mathematics. The department offers complementary courses to first four semesters of B.Sc. Mathematics. It is a single faculty department.
1. To enable the Students to assimilate and appreciate mathematical skill and thereby boosting the learning of applied sciences.
2. To help the Students to meet the competencies like programming, preparation of algorithms, derivations of results etc in-order to prepare them for higher studies.
3. To enhance logical thinking through an integrated approach between various branches of science to foster scientific outlook.
1. To initiate add-on courses this can support learning Commerce, Computer Science and other branches of Sciences.
2. To begin a graduation course on applied Mathematics which will open new windows in using Mathematics in the most productive way.