|Name||Dr. I.P. Abdul Razak|
|Designation||Associate Professor and Head|
|Official Address||Associate Professor & Head Department of Zoology, KAHM Unity Women’s College, Manjeri Narukara(PO), Pin 676 122.|
|Residential Address||Pezhumtharayil House (PO)Narukara, Manjeri Malappuram Dt., Kerala, Pin 676 122.|
|Date of Birth||25.04.1964|
|Date of Joining||01.11.1993|
|Total Teaching Experience||UG 25 years PG|
|Subject with Specialization||Zoology; Entomology|
Educational and Professional Qualifications
|1||B. Sc.||Zoology||University of Calicut|
|2||M. Sc.||Zoology||University of Calicut|
|3||M. Phil||Entomology||Aligharh Muslim University|
|4||B.Ed.||Natural Science||University of Calicut|
|5||Ph.D.||Entomology||University of Calicut|
Refresher/ Orientation courses attended
|#||Type of Programme||University/Institution||Period|
|1||Orientation course||A S C,University of Calicut||3.7.1996 to 30.7.1996|
|2||Refresher course||Govt. Victoria College, Palakkad||1.3.1999 to 22.3.1999|
|3||Refresher course||A S C,University of Calicut||26.11.2003 to 16.12.2003|
|4||Refresher course||A S C,University of Calicut||1.7.2008 to 21.7.2008|
|#||Type||Theme/ Title||Resource Person/ Participant||Organizing Institution||Period|
|1||Seminar||Energy and water consevation||Resource Person||PSMO College,Tirurangadi and KSTEC,Govt.of Kerala||04.02.2017|
|3||Science Congress||28th Kerala Science Congress||Participant||University of Calicut||28-30 Jan. 2016|
|4||International Conference||International Meet on Transnational Education||Participant||Kerala State Higher Education Council||3,4 & 5 January 2014|
|5||Workshop||The Second State Level Training Programme for Administrative||Resource Person||Kerala State Higher Education Council||11 & 12 January 2013.|
|6||Workshop||Quality improved Teaching – learning in Tertiary Education||Resource Person||Govt.College, Mananthavady||2nd Nov.2012|
|7||Seminar||“A Profile on Academic Committees”||Resource Person||Payyannur College, Payyannur||7th & 8th 19th and 20th September 2012|
|8||seminar||“Technology-Enabled learning for Enhancing Knowledge and Skills”||Participant||Kerala State Higher Education Council||123th August 2012|
|9||Seminar||Higher Education 2.0-Illumine the Future”||Co-ordinator||Kerala State Higher Education Council||4th & 5th June 2012.|
|10||seminar||“Choice based semester system –a boon or bane”||Resource Person||Kozhikode||April 2012|
|11||seminar||“Presidential Election in the United States” Prof. David G Baker, Fulbright senior specialist, United States delivered the keynote address.||Participant||Kerala State Higher Education Council||2th April 2012|
|12||seminar||“ Trends in the Internationalization of Higher Education in the 21st Century”||Participant||Kerala State Higher Education Council||1st March 2012.|
|13||Seminar||2 day National Seminar which was sponsored by UGC and DST.||Resource Person||St. Joseph’s College Devagiri Calicut||17th and 18th February 2011|
|14||Seminar||UGCsponsored National Seminar||Resource Person||PSMO College, Tirurangadi||3rd and 4th November 2010|
|15||Workshop||laboratory exercises in Zoology curriculum”||Participant||Farook College, Kozhikode.||7th ctober, 2010.|
|16||Workshop||‘Curriculum Restructuring’||Participant||Govt Arts and Science College, Calicut||on 28.11.2008|
|17||seminar||‘Mangroves-Biodiversity and Conservation Strategy ’ Medicinal properties of Botanicals||Participant||Govt Arts and Science College, Calicut||on 28.11.2008|
|18||workshop||‘Cluster formation and grading’.||Participant||Unity Women’s College Manjeri||11.3.2008|
|19||workshop||‘‘National Evironment Awareness Campaign2007-2008’||Participant||Calicut|
|20||Seminar||‘Modern Trends in Genetics, Molecular Biology and Bioinformatics ’||Participant||PG Dept of Zoology MES College Mampad||29th November 2006.|
|21||Seminar||‘Invertebrate fauna of Western Ghats’||Participant||PSMO College Thirurangadi||16th & 17th August 2006|
|22||Seminar||One day Seminar conducted in connection with Prof. T.C Narendra trust formation||Participant||KTC auditorium Calicut||1.7.2006|
|23||Seminar||NAAC sponsored one-day seminar on ‘Quality Assurance in Higher Education: Challenges, Trends and Priorities’||Participant||Sacred Heart College, Chalakudy||5th February 2005|
|24||workshop||UGC sponsored two-day National on ‘Bio-control of agriculture, forest and medical pests’ at on 16th Session of Kerala State Science Congress||Participant||MES College, Mampad||14th and 15th December 2004|
|25||Workshop||Two-day ‘State-level leadership training camp’||participant||Darsana Paster Centre, Peechi, Thrissur||4th and 5th December 2004|
|26||Seminar cum workshop||‘Biodiversity of Butterflies of Western Ghats’||Participant||NSS College, Manjeri||8th and 9th September 2004|
|27||seminar||One-day seminar on NAAC||Participant||Farook College, Calicut||4th September 2004|
|28||Seminar||The Kerala Universities Bill, 2003 and organisational activities in campus’||Participant||BDCLC, Thrissur, organised by KPCTA||9th August 2003|
|29||Seminar||‘Preparation and Procedure for Assessment and Accreditation’||Participant||Mar Athanasius College, Kothamangalam||13thJune 2002|
|30||Workshop||‘Quality assurance in Higher education: Assessment and accreditation of colleges’||Participant||University of Calicut||24th and 25th January 2002|
|31||Workshop||‘Modern trends and developments in research method and methodology’||Participant||University of Calicut||19th September 2000|
Participation in College Level & University Level Academic and Co-Curricular Activities
1. Served as Registrar, University of Calicut from FNof 21.06.2013 to AN of 30.07.2013.
2. Deputed as Research Officer to the Kerala State Higher Education Council, Thiruvananthapuram for a period of one year w.e .f 16th December 2011 .
3. Attended the duty on 25.07.2016 at Marthoma College, Chungathara as subject expert for the FDP selection assigned by University of Calicut.
4. Being the member of Board of Studies for B. Sc Zoology University of Calicut, Syllabi have been made both for main and subsidiary courses. At present Member of Board of Studies for B. Sc and M. Sc. Aquaculture, University of Calicut Actively participated in one week workshop for Curriculum restructuring conducted by Kerala State Higher Education Council & University of Calicut from 19.12009 to 23.1.2009
5. Served as resource person for State Council for Education Research and Training (SCERT) of Kerala State during 12th to 16th August 2004 and in 2009 .
6. Conducted an extension class the topic “Environment and Disaster management” at Govt. Women’s Polytechnic, Calicut on 16.03.2013.
7. Department by the collaboration with Botany and Mathematics departments initiated and completed the renovation work of the well of the three poor families of Pattarkulam, Manjeri as a charity work. This was commissioned on 23.01.2017.
8. Served as Additional Chief Supdt. of University degree examination at Govt.Higher Secondary School, Maranchery in the consecutive years 2006 and 2007.
9. Served as Senior Supdt. of University degree examination 2003.
10. Regularly attending Central Valuation Camp and taking Examinership both for theory and practical Examinations of the University.
11. Serving as Chief Supdt. of University degree examination
12. Attended the duty as Additional Superintendent for UGC-NET Examination held at the college on10.07.2016
13. Served as the Chief Superintendent conducted the Kerala Public Service Commission Examination for the post of Clerks held at our college centre on 13th August 2011.
14. Attended the duty as Additional Superintendent for UGC-NET Examination held at the college in 2017.
15. Assisted the Kerala Public Service Commission as expert in the interview for selection of high school Assistant from 31.01.2018 to 02.01.2018.
16. Served as Chief examiner for I/II B.Sc. Zoology Examination on 2009.
17. Department has organized one day photo and poster exhibition on Wildlife and Energy conservation at the college on 19.01.2017 as a joint venture of department and Nature and Eco club.
18. Has been nominated as the member of Faculty of Science, University of Calicut in 2016.
19. On 16.03.2017, Nature club distributed multi coloured pictures of common birds to the students in a function held in collaboration with organization MNHS,Calicut.
20. Bhoomithra Club Sena constituted in the college by the participation of 135 students.
21. Delivered a talk in one-day seminar on ‘Bioplastics’ held at MES College, Mampad on 21st January 2004.
22. One-day seminar at PSMO College, Tirurangadi and talk held on ‘Pollination biology’ on 19th January 2004.
23. Attended NSS College Manjeri on 2.2.09 and delivered a talk on ‘Some interesting aspects of plants’
24. On Science day celebration, Dept. conducted an exhibition for the school children of local schools to make awareness on science. This was held on 28.2.2005.
25. Attended the duty on 09.08.2016 as subject expert for the selection of Assistant Professors assigned by University of Calicut.
26. Attended the duty at Farook College on 08.09.2016 as an expert for the screening committee for the promotion of Assistant Professors assigned by University of Calicut.
27. Has been deputed on 22.10.2016 to judge the science projects of junior and senior school children of Malappuram district as part of the celebration of National Science Congress. Has been deputed on 27.10.2017 to judge the science projects of junior and senior school children of Malappuram district as part of the celebration of National Science Congress. Has been deputed on 27.10.2018 to judge the science projects of junior and senior school children of Malappuram district as part of the celebration of National Science Congress
28. Attended the duty on 28.10.2017 at KVM MES College, Valanchery as subject expert for the screening committee for the promotion of Assistant Professors, assigned by University of Calicut.
29. As Co-ordinator,organized National Environment awareness campaign for 2 years sponsored by MoEF Govt. of India in the year 2008 and 2009.
30. An awareness class on H1N1 disease was organized on 28.10.2009.
31. As Co-ordinator for Personality Development Programmes, two programmes were conducted from 7th -9th October 2009 and 8th -10th March, 2010. These programmes were sponsored by Kerala State Women’s Development Corporation Ltd. and Centre for Management development, Thiruvananthapuram
32. As Co-ordinator of IQAC, a regional work shop has been organized for College Teachers on ‘Enhancing class room effectiveness of college teachers’ on 26.2.2006
33. Organized and attended one day training programme for the college teachers on the topic “Teaching Methods- a psychological perspective “sponsored by IQAC, KAHM Unity Women’s college, on 06.09.2016. Dr.C. N Balakrishnan Nambiar was the resource person.
34. Steering committee co-ordinator of NAAC since 2003.
35. Co-ordinator of IQAC (Internal Quality Assurance Cell) in 2014 &2015.
36. Co-Ordinator of UGC sponsored coaching centre for minorities.
37. Worked as Controller of Examinations at College level for terminal and mid-term examinations during the year 2003-’04 and 2009 – 2010, 2014,2015 & 2017.
38. Served as Staff Advisor during 1994 – 1995 and 2001 – 2002, 2013
39. Served as Secretary for Parent Teachers Association (PTA) during 1998 – 1999 and 1999 – 2000.
40. Served as UGC-Project cell co-ordinator of the college.
41. Presently serving as RUSA Co–ordinator
Research Experience: Thesis Details
|Title||Studies on the gregariousness and colour patterns of Acrida exaltata Walker|
|Title||Studies on the Fig-Agaonid(Agaonidae:Hymenoptera)interaction with special reference to certain species of Ficus in Kerala.|
Research Experience: Projects Details
|Title||Distribution study of fig pollinating wasps (Agaonidae: Hymenoptera) of Malappuram and Kozhikode districts.|
|Order No||F.No: MRP(S)–613/2007(X Plan) KLCA 045/UGC-SWRO dated 12.12.2006.|
List of Papers Published
|#||Name of the Paper||Name of Journal||ISSN / ISBN||Issue, Year, Page|
|1||Distribution patterns of style lengths in Ficusand the ovipositor size of their chalcid pollinators (Agaonidae : Hymenoptera): an analytical study.||Entomon||Association for advanced Entomolgy 0377-9335||27(2):197-204, (2002)|
|2||Evolutonary strategies in the pollen collecting organs of fig wasps (Agaonidae : Hymenoptera) with respect to the floral topography of their host Ficus(Moraceae).||Journal of Advanced Zoology||Association for Advancement of Zoology 0253-7214||23(1):48-53, (2002)|
|3||Sex ratio strategy in pollinating fig wasps (Hymenoptera :Agaonidae).||Geobios||0251-1223||33(4):307-09, (2006)|
|4||Re-emergence of pollinating wasps (Agaonidae : Hymenoptera) after natural pollination of figs.||Zoos’ print||Zoo Outreach orgnisation 0251-1223||22(1):2543-2544, (2007)|
|5||Analytical study on female flower traits of fig syconia (Moraceae).||Geobios||0251-1223||34 (1):3-4, (2007)|
|6||Influence of fig size on pollination behaviour of fig wasps (Agaonidae : Hymenoptera)||Uttar Pradesh Journal of Zoology.||0256971X||27(2) : 219-222, (2007)|
|7||Parasitic interaction between non-pollinating and pollinating fig wasps of Ficus||Geobios||0251-1223||36(2-3)197-199(2009)|
|8||Olfactory attraction of fig pollinating wasps to their respective figs||Scientia||0976-8289||36(1): 50-52 (2010)|
|9||Fig- A Keystone resource in Western Ghats||Proceedings of National Seminar||47-50(2010)|
|10||Influence of light on pollination behavior of agaonid wasps||Proceedings of National seminar sponsored by UGC & DST||36(2011)|
|11||Resource utilization in mutualists: Fig(Moraceae) and fig wasp(Chalcidoidea)||Scientia||0976-8289||12(1):85-88,(2016)|